The objective of the 1st4sport Level 1 Award in an Introduction to the Horseracing Industry is to provide a benefit to learners through delivering an introduction to the horseracing industry to people who have an interest in horses but have little previous experience or basic
knowledge and understanding within this field.
The 1st4sport Level 1 Award in an
Introduction to the Horseracing Industry will also enhance the knowledge of those already employed in the industry and can be used to help further their learning.
This qualification is supported by the BHA as the trade association and employers for Horseracing in the UK. Technical experts from within the BHA have provided technical advice in the development of the qualification.
To qualify for the 1st4sport Level 1 Award in an Introduction to the Horseracing Industry, learners must successfully achieve a minimum of three credits, completing complete three units out of six listed below;
- Know the basic history of the Thoroughbred and horseracing
- Know the major organisations within the British horseracing industry
- Know the major races, race types and racecourses in British Horseracing
- Know basic facts about the history and identification of the Thoroughbred
- Know the main organisations within the British horseracing industry
- Know basic facts about the major races, race types and racecourses in British horseracing
HEROS Charity Education will be running this course as a 5 day, Monday- Friday during the Easter Holidays 2018.